Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Peyton

So I was due December 4th with my little baby Peyton, and since both of my other children and been born after their due date I wasnt holding my breath. I was dialating earlier and having some decent contractions so we were getting excited. My doctor had even set a date to be induced for Friday December 2nd. Everyone said the weekend after thanksgiving would be great timing but it came and went and nothing major so I decided to just look forward to friday. Then I woke up Monday morning and thought I peed my pants but I kept feeling a little gush, at first I wasnt sure what to do cause I wasnt having any contractions, but I woke up Ryan 10 minutes before his alarm was supposed to go off for work and said we needed to go to the hospital. So we woke up the kids loaded them in the car called Ryans mom to meet us at the hospital to get the kids if they kept me and headed for the hospital. When we got there the checked me and sure enough my water was leaking and since I had a quick labor with my other two they werent going to send me home so we were having a baby!!! I was super excited cause Peyton decided to come early!!! Ryans mom got the kids my mom was on her way and they admitted me. The monitor said I was having some good contractions but I wasnt really feeling them so I was doing ok. They deccided to start me on pitocin to hopfully speed things along. Then the nurse came in and asked if I wanted an epidural, I was planning on getting one but I still wasnt in much pain so I said I could wait she said the anesthesiologist was going into a c-section and would be unavailable for an  hour. By the time that hour was up I was ready for my epidural and its a good thing I told the nurse when I did cause there was a half hour window of availability before the anesthesiologist would be in another c-section for another hour. So I got my epidural and was doing pretty good the contractions were getting pretty good but  I couldnt feel them so I was cool. We decided to try a new study and as they were attaching the monitor to the babies head they broke my water completely they said it was green which meant the baby had a bowl movement in the womb so they were gonna have to have a specialist in the room to suck out her lungs when she was born. They checked me and I had made it from a 4 to a 6 in just over an hour so they said  I was doing pretty good, 15 minutes later I felt a strange pressure so Ryan went and got the nurse I was at a 10 and ready to push. The nurse got the doctor and we started getting ready!!! I kinda felt like it was girl time the doctor, the nurses and my mom were just sitting around chatting in between the contractions. I pushed 3 times and she popped right out. She was 8lbs. 3oz. 20 and 1/2 in. born at 11:32 on November 28th.

Peyton Jenny Carroll

Welcome home baby!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I hear she is a cutie!