Sunday, June 30, 2013

June, Summer has begun!!

Ok so I missed May but there wasn't much exciting that happened. I had my mole removed and Ryan drove me to the hospital and my Mom came down to stay with Boston and Peyton. Everything went well and Ryan left that night. My mom stayed for a couple days, and Thank goodness because I was having a harder time than I thought. But I am recovering nicely and we are doing well.

June has been lots of fun. The kids got out of school and we started having play dates every Tuesday with Stephanie and Melissa! On Tuesday the 18th Boston had his follow up with The E.N.T. and he said everything is looking good and healing well.  Then the morning of the 19th my parents drove down with Schyla and her kids and we headed for Las Vegas!!! We were all so excited to see Tabitha and her kids and go through the temple with her! It was a long day and the kids did so well in the car we had movies and games and toys and lots of snacks to keep them occupied. We stopped for lunch and to go to the bathroom a few times but we made good time and got there around 6pm. Tabitha then made spaghetti and we just tried to relax. I was having a hard time I was thinking it was because I hadn't eaten well enough and I was sore and stiff from riding in the car and I had a sore throat. Thursday we had a little scare when Boston had some mark on his arm that was either a nasty bug bite or a burn and we thought we would have to run to the hospital, we called the nurse help line and we were pretty sure it wasn't serious so we put ointment on it and decided to wait it out. Then while I was trying to eat dinner I could swallow my throat was hurting even worse and I was out of the Tylenol I had brought so Tabitha gave me Advil. Mom thought it would be smart to look at my throat and sure enough I had some nice red tonsils and white puss all over. So I called the nurse help line back to find out if there was an in network doctors office I could go too. Sure enough they told me I had swollen tonsils and strep throat :( boo for that. We went and got my prescription and I did a lot of resting. That night Cora got in but I didn't go to pick her up cause I wasn't feeling well enough. Friday we spent some time hanging out and getting ready to go to the temple. It was such a nice experience going through with another one of my sisters. It is great to see her taking positive steps in her life and I hope things continue to work out for them. I forgot to take my pain meds with me and I was in lots of pain by the end so the ride to Tabitha's house felt super long. Mom and Dad and Schyla left the next day because Mom had an appointment on Monday and Dad had to get back to work. I didn't leave with them because I still wasn't feeling well enough to drive all day. So I stayed and relaxed with Tabitha and Cora. We got to go to a cool park Cora did Tabitha's family pics, we had a pizza buffet one night and got to see some of down town Las Vegas. Me and the kids were going to leave Monday and never did because I just didn't feel in any hurry we started to leave on Tuesday but turned around cause we forgot a few things. Wednesday we actually made it home and the drive wasn't too bad, the kids did super great until near the end. Over all we had a good vacation and this summer is going well!!!

No comments: